RDAP is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping to victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault. All services are provided free of charge.
Where to start
RDAP's crisis hotline is available 24 hours a day at 308-534-3495. Our trained and knowledgeable staff will give you the information you need and offer you swift access to our services, if necessary.
How RDAP can help
If you have been affected by domestic abuse and/or sexual assault, RDAP can help you. RDAP's free and confidential services include:
• Shelter is available to all victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Our emergency shelter is in a confidential location in North Platte. Length of stay is dependent upon the circumstances of each individual. While at our shelter, clients receive life skills training, general finance education, and self-esteem boosting group sessions.
• Emergency transportation is available 24 hours a day. We also offer transportation to appointments, school, work, and meetings for clients staying in shelter. Out-of-area transportation via bus is available (while funding is present) for individuals relocating due to domestic violence or sexual assault.
• RDAP can help victims seek legal protection, including assistance filling out and filing protection and harassment orders. We also offer referrals to local attorneys, and are available to accompany victims tocourt proceedings.
• Upon request, staff and volunteers are available to personally support sexual assault and/or domestic violence victims who are undergoing medical examination and treatment. Advocates can also accompany victims to doctor's visits and or other medical appointments.
• RDAP will provide information on other community agencies that may be of service to the victim. We work closely with many programs and agencies, and can provide information and make referrals to organizations that can offer help and support.
• RDAP provides weekly tradional support groups for adults addressing both domestic violence and sexual assault. Smaller one-on-one appointments can be arranged, if necessary. RDAP also offers non-traditional classes. (Call for more information, time and location.)
RDAP's services are available in the counties of Lincoln, Logan, Hooker, Thomas, Cherry and McPherson — including the communities of North Platte, Wallace, Wellfleet, Hershey, Maxwell, Brady, Sutherland, Thedford, Stapleton, Tryon, Valentine and Mullen.
How to visit RDAP
414 East A Street
North Platte, NE 69103
Office Phone: 308-532-0624
Office Fax: 308-534-5596
The RDAP office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Wednesday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.